Aug 24, 2005

I knew this was coming.



So now Pat Robertson is saying that he didn't say "assassinate" when it came to Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

Uh huh. And monkeys are flying out of my butt.

I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should, quote, "take him out," and "take him out" can be a number of things including kidnapping. There are a number of ways to take out a dictator from power besides killing him. I was misinterpreted by the AP, but that happens all the time.

Let's all refresh our memories of what Pat said, shall we?

You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war.

[...]

We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with.



Mmmhm. Whatever, Pat. Seriously.

Does anyone else notice that Pat is getting a little shaky? I'm talking early stages of Parkinson's, perhaps. Dude needs to retire and get some rest.

4 comments:

Scaramouche said...

The shakiness might have to do with his pre-anal avian-simian syndrome...if that makes any sense.

Crystal said...

You should check out his apology! Today he issued an apology for calling for the assasination of Chavez, so basically he's admitting that he said what he said, and I can't believe he even tried to deny that yesterday. Gimme a break. BTW, totally agree with your comment from BlaggBlogg about the DOVE ads.

revidescent said...

Hey, it occurred to me last night that we all might be the crazy ones and he really wanted meant that we should "take him out dancing."

I was thinking Salsa, but I'm not so sure the feds can keep up.

Norman said...

Jim Wallis has a great piece that circulating on the Net giving that Robertson guy the big what-for. If I remember correctly, Wallis is a Christian evangelist himself, and he takes Robertson to task for smearing all Christians who don't bother to read the ten commandments.