Aug 22, 2005

Fat Guy in a Little Coat

I don’t know what I find more offensive: The fact that Rush Limbaugh repeatedly refers to Native Americans as “Injuns,” spreads false information about the Clinton administration, or the fact that he’s now recanting his comments about Cindy Sheehan.

Click on the links above for the details of each egregious offense. I don’t know if they do this all the time, but today at least, Media Matters has a great round-up of examples where Rush puts his foot in his mouth, and repeatedly. What frightens me is that he gets to spew this on TV, and people who are too weak to be objective and make up their own minds, soak this shit up like sponges.

So people will continue to think that racial slurs are acceptable forms of speech, that Clinton was negligent with his relationship to the CIA while in office, and that Cindy Sheehan is some crazy opportunist who is defiling her soldier son's good name by speaking out against the war. In some ways, he's like Ray Zalinsky, that slimeball businessman from "Tommy Boy." [I know, I know. You're thinking, "Where the hell is she going with this?" Bear with me, seriously.]

In the movie, Zalinsky says that he cares for the American working man, but in reality he could give two shits about Joe Schmo Six-Pack. And not until the movie's end is Zalinsky exposed for the fraud he is. Unfortunately these days, the mainstream media (not to mention the current administration, but that's too easy) is filled with a whole slew of Ray Zalinskys. It's up to organizations like the "little pimple-faced kids at" Media Matters and a whole slew of media watchdogs (and dare I say it --- bloggers?) to continue to chip away at their shady facades and expose them for the money-grubbing, opinion whores that they truly are.

1 comment:

revidescent said...

It makes me want to scream sometimes.

I know people who listen to and believe that fat man in the closet. They practically worship him. They're also "good" christians, which as far as I can tell, means buying what they sell. No matter what.

Oh boy. It is bed time. Yea.

*sigh*

-revi (http://www.fluttergirl.net/)