May 24, 2005

Strike a pose

So I've mentioned before that I've restarted my Bikram yoga practice. And because of the copious amounts of sweat produced during the 90-minute session, I've often wondered what it would be like to practice in Ye Olde Birthday Suit.

Well, seems like a group in SF has started doing just that. Every Sunday morning at the One Taste Urban Retreat Center, a group of folks get together to get their yoga on - and their clothes off.

One of the things yoga has taught me is to be more accepting of my environment and how to deal with various emotions that might run into my head at any given time. It also taught me to accept my body's limitations and work within them - but also to know when to push my body and take it to the edge.

But nekkid yoga ain't my edge. I mean yeah, I've thought about it, but I'm way too self conscious to take it all off and bust out into a standing bow. Heh heh.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

naked yoga. i bet it sounds a lot cooler than it really is.

i just read an allure interview of Britney Spears (my wife's copy of allure, thank you very much) and thought of your britney post below. hilarious. she is so sincerely sweet in a real dumb way. she's studying religion of course, and reminds you to love thyself like you love thy neighbor.

i don't know what that means exactly, but it's brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Does Bikram Yoga really work? (I don't mean the naked part.) What is it, 105 degrees in the room, or something? I can't imagine doing anything in a stuffy room that hot. Does this work better than other types of Yoga?

Mags said...

When you say "work," what exactly do you mean? Email me. I'd love to discuss it with you. I could go on for hours.