May 8, 2006

Bubble Boy




No, the other one:
Stuntman David Blaine failed to break the world record for holding his breath underwater on Monday, falling nearly two minutes short of the record.

After Blaine spent seven minutes and 8 seconds underwater without any breathing apparatus, he blacked out and trainer Kirk Krack sent two divers into the tank to free him from shackles attached to his ankles.

David, seriously. Stop torturing yourself. Your "street magic" specials were so much more entertaining.

UPDATE 5/8, 11:43 P.M. (or, alternatively, "because my neighbor and her boyfriend woke me up"): I just noticed that Blaine's trainer's name is "Kirk Krack." There's a joke in there somewhere.

UPDATE 5/9: I don't know why I feel the need to update, but whatever. Now doctors are saying that Blaine sustained some liver damage because of his stunt. Nice. Telling you, man. Bring back the magic tricks. Sehs.

(Photo credit: REUTERS/Mike Segar)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I used to enjoy those freaky street magic specials, where "your card" wouldn't be in the deck at all, but somehow inside your sock. Those were rad.

Mags said...

Yep. Or when he levitated himself. Out on the street. Freakin' the fools out.

Tamara said...

I like how his training was sitting in a tank, with a breathing apparatus... Kirk Krack needs to go to training school.