May 23, 2006

2006 SF AIDS Walk: Doing my part to stop the course of the epidemic




I try to do the SF AIDS Walk every year because it's the best way I know how to do my part to generate AIDS awareness and to help stop the spread of this terrible epidemic. I want to do as much as I can to make a difference in the lives of men, women, and children affected by HIV and AIDS. Even though there has been a lot of publicity about drug treatments which are prolonging some people's lives, they don't work for everyone. There is still no cure in sight. Moreover, young people are still getting infected at alarmingly high rates.

My interest in AIDS activism (if you can call it that) began when I learned of the premature death of a favorite high school teacher of mine, Richard Colon, who passed away due to complications from AIDS. I held this man in the highest esteem and respected him so much. From that moment on, I resolved to do what I could to ensure I never lost anybody to this disease again.

So here I am again, asking you to sponsor me this year. I want your help. Will you please sponsor me for the AIDS Walk? Just click here to enter my personalized web page and charge your donation.

Thank you, in advance, for supporting this important cause and for showing that you join me in wanting to end this epidemic. Any amount you can spare helps, and please know that I appreciate your support. Together we can make a difference.

If you'd like to join me in the walk, click here to register and start raising funds!

No comments: