Nov 16, 2005

BOR is a boor

Mark Morford, to whom I have reserved one of my ovaries, had this to say about Bill O'Reilly's recent psychotic break [emphasis mine]:

In a way, we should be grateful for O'Reilly and Robertson and Limbaugh and Coulter and their slime-slinging ilk. They live in those black and nasty psycho-emotional places, so we don't have to. They show us how ugly we can be, how poisonous and ill, so we may recoil and say, Whoa, you know what? I think I need to be more gentle and less judgmental and kinder to those I love. BOR works an inverse effect on anyone with a vibrant and active soul -- he makes us better by sucking all the grossness into himself and blowing it out via a TV channel no one of any spiritual acumen really respects anyway.
[...]
But I would never go so far as to wish terrorists would blow up, say, Washington, D.C. Or Bill O'Reilly's personal fetish dungeon at Fox HQ in New York. I would never take a similar BOR tack and suggest that every red state that openly supports Bush and his miserable wars (and by extension, O'Reilly and his miserable worldview) should offer up their kid as a blood sacrifice to the Iraq War.

Check that: Maybe I would.
I couldn't have said it any better myself. Let's move on. O'Reilly will get his karma kickback soon, I am sure.

1 comment:

The Overeducated Beggar said...

funny, i've saved one of my ovaries for Morford as well... do you think he's touched by the carnal lust he's induced? Let's kidnap him and find out! ;-)