Apr 15, 2005

There's no place like gnome

The whole Bill Frist thing is getting me all riled up this morning, but today I'd rather go to my happy place and share this story with you instead:

LONDON, England (AP) -- A grandmother stopped an intruder from entering her home by lobbing a heavy garden gnome at him, police said Friday.

Images from "The Full Monty" and the Travelocity gnome are running through my mind all of a sudden. But wait, it gets cuter:

"He lay there and I began to scream. I went back into the kitchen and found a rolling pin in case he came down. I didn't want to break another gnome."

Gotta love those Brits.

Thanks to my friend Cecilia at CNN for the link.

3 comments:

jurassicpork said...

But there's no word on whether or not Tom DeLay was injured.

Jet said...

There's no place like gnome, there's no place like gnome, there's no place like gnome.

Click
Click
Click

Gunga Dan said...

I almost rented a house once that had at least 200 garden gnomes all around. It was just a tad spooky...