Apr 4, 2005

AARGH.

So Friday afternoon, I'm surfing Blog Explosion, right?

All of a sudden, I'm bombarded with pop-up ad after pop-up ad after pop-up ad. I'm STILL trying to clean this crap off of my system. And this is stressing me out like you won't believe. I'm running McAfee, I'm running Ad-Aware, I'm running Spybot (although I haven't quite figured that one out yet).

And nothing. This is the third time I'm running Ad-Aware since Friday, and it's already recognized 353 "critical objects." It's pissing me off to no end. Ugh.

Meanwhile, I'm on Pope Watch. There's something about the pomp and circumstance and ritual surrounding the papal funeral that intrigues me. I mean, I was only six when this pope's successor passed, and I have no recollection of it. It's not every day a pope dies. I'm hoping the Church will take this opportunity to reform the Catholic church to be more ... realistic and flexible regarding How Things Are These Days (e.g., regarding sexuality, birth control, abortion, the role of women in church, priests' ability to marry). It would be cool if they voted in the cardinal from Nigeria to be the next pope. I'm hoping that the one cardinal who's real tight with Opus Dei doesn't get voted in, though. I mean, I've read The Da Vinci Code; I'm not trying to start flagellating myself any time soon.

In other news, I'm going to this Bay Area Blogger meet-up on the 13th in Berkeley with my friend Ang. I'm excited because it's an opportunity to meet new people. Not like any of them read my blog. "Poland, what? I didn't forget anything, sucka."

Anyway, I'll let you know what happens.

3 comments:

Mike Davis said...

"I'm hoping the Church will take this opportunity to reform..."

I'm still laughing! Bears still shit in the woods, you know! :)

Have a nice trip with Ang.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nudge to get me back to the LL blog. I've updated.

As for your popups, I see BE users have figured out that they can earn a little cash on BE by adding popups to their site. It's one of those things that annoy me about traffic exchanges. To help with that, surf using Windows Internet Explorer and make sure you have the Google toolbar installed. It helps with popups. Also, install STOPZILLA. It works about 90% of the time. The combination of Stopzilla and Google's pop up killer should help. You probably have SPYWARE on your system something fierce now.

Anyway, thanks again.
Victoria (from LL)

Vulture 6 said...

use Opera it's a free browser that kills most pop ups. Ive used it for 3 years and it's great.