Apr 14, 2005

I need to go to more shows.

Sam's blog inspired me to make my own list (not in chronological order, and a mix of "known" and "unknown" bands because, quite frankly, I don't go to enough shows, period).

Instructions:
- Reply to this message telling me which 30 artists you have also seen perform.
- Take the ones from my list that you have seen, and post them on your own blog.
- Keep adding until you have 30. Unless you're like me, who needs to get out more.

1. Peaches
2. Native Elements
3. Dick
4. Smashmouth (pre-"Walking On The Sun" mediocrity)
5. Voodoo Glow Skulls
6. The Cranberries
7. Bjork
8. No Doubt
9. Jurassic 5
10. Dilated Peoples
11. Pharcyde
12. Lauryn Hill
13. Superbooty
14. Planet Asia
15. Carl Cox
16. Sasha/John Digweed (okay, 15 and 16 are DJs, sue me)

4 comments:

Mike Davis said...

The Cranberries and No Doubt! That's it!

Now I have to add 28???

Andy said...

30? No way. But anyway...
Yes
ELO
Bill Bruford
Genesis
Squeeze
The Tubes
The Jam
Bananarama
Carmel
The Beat
The Glitter Band (with the now unspeakable Gary Glitter)
Madness
Peter Gabriel
Billy Bragg
Elvis Costello
The Bluebells
Billy Bragg
Al Stewart
Billy Bragg
Tom Waits
Billy Bragg
Madness
Suzanne Vega
Some classical 'gigs'
Eric Bibb
Stacey Kent
Some more classical 'gigs'

I need to get out more, too... :-)

Stephen Green said...

I couldn't match any of yours. I need to get out more and I'm feeling old...

subdudes
Sting
Police
Cars
Grateful Dead
Santana
Jackson Brown
John Doe
Was (Not Was)
Steve Earle
Fleetwood Mac
Journey
Nazareth
J Geils Band
Graham Nash
Nicollette Larson
Babys
Jethro Tull
UK
Talking Heads
Boz Scaggs
Los Lobos
Alice Cooper
Josh & Teal with the Front Porch Feel (Splinter group of the Mother Truckers)
Dire Straits
Ramones
David Lindley
Jimmy Buffet
English Beat
The Kinks

Stephen Green said...

Hey Mags, I saw in the paper last night that English Beat is playing in Fairfax tonight and tomorrow night (June 24 and 25). I don't know what the line-up is, and I don't remember the name of the club, but you might want to check it out. I think it was $25.