Mar 23, 2005

Somebody hug me.

I don’t even know what else I can say to express how unhappy I am at this administration and its policies, and how deep a mess they’ve gotten this country into that – to quote a friend – even a high colonic couldn’t shake it free.

Dubya has a dirty little secret. Back in 1999, not-my-president signed what’s called the “Texas futile care law,” which says that doctors in Texas can overrule a family’s wishes to end a patient's life support if they deem any such treatment would be “futile.” However, as a compromise, doctors would have to give the family at least ten days notice before doing so to allow families to find alternative treatment facilities that will agree to continue the patient’s care. Last week, a six-month-old baby in Texas died when doctors removed his feeding tube against his mother’s wishes. Fourty newborn ICUs rejected requests by Wanda Hudson, the baby’s mother. Where was Congress in all of this? Where were the pro-lifers? Where were the MSM cameras?

Then there’s Cheney, who mocked Kerry during the election for suggesting that we take a more "strategic" and "sensitive" approach to the war in Iraq. Now, Cheney's flip-flopping: "If we are going to be successful long-term in the war on terror and in the broader objective of promoting freedom and democracy in that part of the world, we have to get the public diplomacy piece of it right," Cheney says. "Up until now, that has been a very weak part of our arsenal." Duh!

Seriously, I hate this administration because of the amount of anger they manage to arouse in me on a daily basis. Hold me.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

{hug}

I feel you.

Mike Davis said...

A good kick up the arsenal is what he needs!

I wonder if Dubya's 'presumtion in favor of life' will ever filter down to the less economically influential?

Healthcare, execution of the mentally incapable, Johnny Foreigners who don't worship the right God...

Mags said...

Seriously Mac, I am SO hoping there's some extramarital affair with a post-op transsexual or something in Dubya's past that comes out soon. Or Cheney's. Or Rumsfeld's. That would just be SOOOOOO wonderful and juicy and I'd be as happy as a little girl.