Aug 10, 2006

How I am Weird

Catherine at Poverty Barn tagged me with this meme, and I am happy to oblige.

I think you're only supposed to list five things, but hell, let's see how many I can come up with tonight:
  1. I don't like to watch people cooking my food, especially in restaurants or take-out joints. It seriously grosses me out. Especially if they futz around with my food a lot while it's cooking. Leave that shit alone and let it cook, for the love of Jah.
  2. I can’t sleep unless my bedroom and closet doors are closed. Otherwise, I get nightmares.
  3. Beets freak me out. I refuse to eat them.
  4. I do regular belly-button checks, which involve checking for any sort of deposits (if there are, they will be cleaned out with a q-tip and alcohol), and what said deposits smell like. I’m olfactory-focused, what can I say.
  5. I have this superhuman ability to freak men out. Or repulse them. I haven't figured out which yet.
  6. When I buy anything off a shelf (e.g. packaged food/goods, earrings, CDs, clothing), I pick the item from the back, and the packaging needs to be flawless, or I won’t buy it. One reason is very rational (FIFO, so if you grab it from the back, it's fresher). The other is not (I hate bringing home something that everyone and their mother has touched).
  7. I obsess over fonts, my AP style guide, and how many spaces go after a period. Oh yeah, and serial commas.
  8. It's easy for me to crack myself up. Also, I laugh at almost everything. Even corny shit. I'm Laughy McLaugherstein.
  9. I have this Imelda Marcos-esque collection of shoes, but end up only wearing about 2-3 pairs on a daily basis.
  10. I adore the movie The Silence of the Lambs, and can have entire conversations with my best friend using lines from that movie.
So now's the part in the show where I tag five people, so here we go:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

*peeks at Mags from the closet while she sleeps*

Anonymous said...

Goodbye horses...I'm crying over you...

Mags said...

Robin! You're so gross! Hahahaha!

Virge: "Good night, Maie."

Anonymous said...

#5 could apply to me as well. Oy. What am I doing wrong?

Adobo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adobo said...

" A cute male census taker once tried to test me..." Thank God it was an oral exam. I ate his you know what.

Anonymous said...

# I have this Imelda Marcos-esque collection of shoes, but end up only wearing about 2-3 pairs on a daily basis.
# I adore the movie The Silence of the Lambs, and can have entire conversations with my best friend using lines from that movie.


"You know what you look like to me with your abundant shoes and your cheap bag...a rube--a well-scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste."

Ignatius M. Dedd said...

Me: #2, #6 and #10. Great post.

Anonymous said...

alright mags, you got me, I'll do it. But just be forewarned of my wierdness.