Apr 1, 2006

You forgot Poland!

Call me a narcissist, but I decided to Google my blog to see what ranking I had in the search results. Cocky bastard that I am, I typed in "You Forgot Poland" and hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button.

Needless to say, my ego was brought back down to Earth, because what came up was not my blog, but this listing in Urban Dictionary. Apparently the phrase to which this blog owes its namesake has permeated the American lexicon (no thanks to me), as follows:
What you say to a person when you have been one-upped by said person in an argument or debate of some sort. Pretty much just lets you try to get the last word in when you have no other retort.

Person A: "Oh man! We got jumped by like twelve guys and kicked all their asses!"

Person B: "Actually there were three; Steve McPeterson, Dave Ellis, and that guy that works the Wendy's drive-thru."

Person A: "Well, you forgot Poland."
Actually, there are several meanings - this one happens to be the second one - my personal favorite. I may have to try to work this one into everyday conversation, heh heh.

No comments: