Dec 4, 2005

Sunday Night Insomnia Blogging




So apparently my penchant for tea drinking is possibly going to do me some good after all. According to Reuters:

Coffee and tea may reduce the risk of serious liver damage in people who drink alcohol too much, are overweight, or have too much iron in the blood, researchers reported on Sunday.

The study of nearly 10,000 people showed that those who drank more than two cups of coffee or tea per day developed chronic liver disease at half the rate of those who drank less than one cup each day.
Now don't go rushing to guzzle down mass quantities of either coffee or tea too late in the day, or you'll end up like me: Wide awake, when I should be in bed, sleeping. I blame the two cups of coffee I had for brunch at La Note earlier today.

*****

My favorite reality show, Project Runway, begins its second season this week. And they brought back that annoying, overacting, overachiever guy, Daniel Franco, who was the first designer to get eliminated in the first season for his butcher paper jacket. Man. I cannot wait.

*****

I got stuck in that Bay Bridge "suspicious suitcase" snafu this afternoon. Not fun when 20 people on Harleys are revving up their engines behind you. Did not help my headache at all.

*****

What's up with me channeling Herb Caen all of a sudden?

*****

My birthday is coming up soon, and I was determined to do something with friends this year. Having your birthday on 12/25 sort of throws a wrench in the birthday shindig planning. The venue I wanted is closed for a private event, on the only Saturday I could possibly pull this entire thing off, leaving me back at square one. And the clock is ticking - I wanted to make sure people get enough notice. But at this point, it looks like it (the shindig, that is) won't happen.

Oh well. Maybe next year.

I really should try to get some sleep. I promise I'll blog about more substantive issues this week.

1 comment:

... said...

Wow, finally read your blog. :P

Funny to see you channel Herb Caen too. :)

As for Milagra Ridge, yeah, thank God they got rid of that nuclear missile shit..I don't like the idea of being so close to a missile base myself (even if I AM 10 miles away from it!)

Oh yeah, say hi to your cousins for me. :)