Jun 22, 2005

Yo momma!

I'm so glad Dean spoke up in response to Dick "Go Fuck Yourself" Cheney's remark on Hannity & Colmes:

"I've never been able to understand his appeal. Maybe his mother loved him, but I've never met anybody who does. He's never won anything, as best I can tell."

So Dean says:

''But we gotta be there and fight in order to do it. And believe me, we are going to fight back. I don't care if Dick Cheney likes my mother or not. We are going to fight back."

This is why I love me some Dean. I was very much a Deaniac during the primaries, and was very heartbroken when he pulled out of the race. Personalitywise, he's much more vibrant than Kerry, he's not afraid to speak his mind, and something about his background in science just gave me such confidence in his ability to be objective, to recognize when the data doesn't back up your hypoetheses (so to speak) and make changes based on that, etc. (Unlike some people we know who never back down from their position even though there is mounting evidence that their position is the wrong one. I don't think I need to name names here.)

Anyway, my love for Howard Dean arose from this Rolling Stone profile on him from 2004. And this quote from Dean - on the subject of stem cell research and Dubya's vehement stance against it - was THE thing that made me support Dean:

"I think his slavish adherence to anti-scientific thinking is costing people their lives and their hopes all over the country."

It's so true. You see examples of this in everything Dubya does.

Aww hell, I don't know if Kerry would have made a better president. But I do think that had Dean been elected, he would have ruffled some feathers - sure - but jeez, I'd like to think we'd be in such a better place than we are today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Dean would have trounced Bush. He may be too much of a loose cannon to be an effective president (of course what do we have now?), but Kerry's wooden personality kept him out of the White House.