Drew at Scamboogah! tagged me. He just sent me this questionnaire that has been going around and around and around. Kind of like a chain letter. But not. Anyway, wanna know more about me? Here goes:
1. What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?
- Ever sleep with someone you regret? Ever relive the embarassment and shame years later? Well, I dated this one guy who, even three years later, makes me say “doh!” And girrrrrrrrrl, the shame is painful!
- Having that fight with Andy back in high school. We’d probably be married right now if I wasn’t such a nerd.
- Quitting the swim team in high school after the first day of practice. (Note: I really don’t obsess this much over high school. Seriously.)
2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?
My dad. He overcame a traumatic brain injury last year and his recovery has been amazing. You wouldn’t even know anything had happened to him if you looked at him. His tenaciousness, his refusal to give in, and his absolute determination to get better has touched me more than anyone will ever know. I admire this man so much. I still get choked up just thinking about it.
3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?
Margaret Cho, my friend Dan, Rick James (bitch!), Jesus, and Hiltler (he's SO HOT right now!).
4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?
- Some ugly, incontrovertible, un-spinnable sex scandal for the Triple-D team: Dubya, Dick, and Doughboy. Watch closely as people all over Jesusland wake up and smell the coffee.
- Being able to afford a house in the SF Bay Area.
- Finding a man that's not afraid to refer to me as “my girlfriend.” And actually meaning it.
5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.
I’m just going to say San Francisco, because I was born there. People don’t come to “visit” where I live now.
I regret that SF has horrible parking. Not everyone can parallel park. And I hate to hear people bitch and moan about how there’s no parking in the City. I also regret that SF rents are too high for me to afford, because now I’m totally over my “I want to live in the City” phase.
When in SF, people should avoid Fisherman’s Wharf and that general vicinity, and “the Triangle.” Unless you’re into Paris Hilton wannabes. Then by all means. Go there. And stay there.
6. Name one event that has changed your life.
My dad’s injury last year totally changed my life. I seriously think that I’m going through post-traumatic stress or something, because it really rocked my world – and not in a good way. I mean hell, I started to tear up typing out my answer to Question #2. But, the good that came out of the entire thing is that my dad and I are much closer than we were before. And I have such a greater appreciation for life, and my parents, than ever.