Jun 29, 2005

Ad nauseum

Do I really have to tell you what I think about Dubya's speech last night? I didn't watch it, but I'm reading about it right now.

Does he really expect me to believe that the American casualties in Iraq are "worth it"?

Does he think we can't see through the exploitativeness of all his 9/11 invoking?

And all these stories permeating the MSM - the missing blonde, white, pretty girl in Aruba, the bug-eyed runaway bride, shark attacks, raging pitbulls, etc. etc. etc. are supposed make us forget that our soldiers are still stuck in Iraq with no viable exit strategery.

Ugh. I can't stand it anymore. I don't even know what else to say.

UPDATE 6/30: How come nobody told me I spelled "nauseum" wrong?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya.

I didn't watch because I was afraid it would make me suddenly begin to vomit uncontrollably, or else a vein in my head would pop. Watching these clowns speak can lead to television abuse. We must put a stop to this!

*sigh*

Ok, back to packing. :)

OldHorsetailSnake said...

The best part is when he commits Bushisms, which I look up on the Internet regularly.

I am doing your "tag" of Hoss tomorrow. It will be a waste of your time to read it, probably.

How much did you collar for the Aids walk, "Maggie"?

Adobo said...

First of all what's wrong with runaway bride's huge bulging eyes? Mags unfortunately the bible belt will believe him UGH! After all this is a case of the Ignoramus leading the ignorant. It's such a shame when our media exposes more airtime to sensationalistic nonsense as opposed to important issues that govern us all. I spent an academic year in France and citizens there know more about our domestic issues than the average american will ever do! I do miss having a cafe au lait in a nice bistro discussing world politics while sucking on a cancer stick, but hey don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't mind dissing the runaway bride's "political" motives over a cup of java once in a while... ;-)