Jun 11, 2005

Bloggers of the world, unite and take over

So I went to this blogger meet-up at KRON-TV here in SF with my friend Angie of Ang's Weird Ideas. To my estimate, about 50 bay area bloggers showed up. Jakob from Suckful was there too, cracking me up every second. I also ran into Efren and Howard, two guys from hip-hop aerobics classes past. Gotta love it. It was a chance for bay area bloggers to meet, mingle, take (lots) of pictures, battle over megapixels, eat finger sandwiches, and pimp our respective blogs.

I think KRON is trying to forge a relationship between citizen media and all that. All I know is I scored a free t-shirt out of it, and scoped out a few hot, nerdy dudes. What can be better than that, really?

4 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Nerdy dudes are always hot. At least that's what they tell me.

Jet said...

Man, that sounds like fun! I've run into several bloggers who are from the Orlando area, but it would kick to have a meet up like that. The fact that main stream media put it together is interesting.

And, brains? Are always hot.

Anonymous said...

That sounds great. I hope it becomes a trend. KRON isn't affiliated with a network (they used to be an NBC affiliate but they got dumped) so maybe they're less defensive toward bloggers.

Gunga Dan said...

Shoot, I wish I had heard about it! How's the T-shirt look?