Aug 13, 2007

Doughboy Resigns

Karl "Doughboy" Rove sent his resignation today. The Today show cited the reason being that he wants to "spend more time with his family," which in my line of work is code for:
  • They asked me to resign
  • I'm quitting before you can fire me
  • I totally screwed things up, so I'm leaving before you can hold me accountable
Of course, Rove says that his resignation is totally legit. Of course he would.

Some will continue to consider Rove as a brilliant political strategist, which I won't disagree with. Unfortunately, he used his powers for evil, not for good. I don't have time to go into it right now, but this article in the Atlantic Monthly (subscription required) did a great analysis on Rove, and how his hubris and arrogance basically screwed up the great opportunity he had to make some real change happen.

As usual, The Carpetbagger Report offers some great commentary.

No comments: