Aug 7, 2007

Badge of Shame


This ranks right up there with the Metallica-as-torture tactic in terms of sheer silliness:
(AP) BANGKOK, Thailand Thai police officers who break rules will be forced to wear hot pink armbands featuring "Hello Kitty," the Japanese icon of cute, as a mark of shame, a senior officer said Monday.

Police officers caught littering, parking in a prohibited area, or arriving late - among other misdemeanors - will be forced to stay in the division office and wear the armband all day, said Police Col. Pongpat Chayaphan. The officers won't wear the armband in public.
I was more of a My Melody fan growing up, so the idea me having to wear this around say, the office, might be enough of a deterrent for me. I dunno, man. Hello Kitty used to be really cool, but some time in the late 90s, she was e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e, and continues to be everywhere to this day.

Even on the armbands of litter-happy police officers in Thailand.

Props to Bellamomo for the link.

2 comments:

pins&needles said...

This is a bit silly, but if it works, it works. I wouldn't care if I was a police officer. I love Hello Kitty and all her friends.

fashiongirl said...

I think it's hilarious. Though Badz Maru seems more like the right character for this work. He's always angry and a bit of a rogue.