Sep 11, 2006

Never Forget


This 9/11, I finally felt strong enough to not burst into tears at the WTC footage (no, I didn't finish watching the ABC "docudrama"). Tonight, I chose to honor the memory of those that perished in these attacks by celebrating life and trying to move forward.

Live goes on, but I will never forget. Never.


Sidebar to the ABC network: By fabricating scenes and taking artistic license, you no longer honor the memory of those who lost their lives during the attacks of 9/11. Instead you cheapen the event and reduce it to entertainment. Sales of ad airtime. Ratings. Sweeps Week. And, as a result, you dishonor the very people whose memories you attempt to immortalize and remember through your "docudrama." Docudramas should be reserved for stories about unsolved mysteries and women who escape abusive husbands. Not for the largest and most terrible act of terrorism on U.S. soil.

Oh yeah, and while you're at it? Get your facts straight. Thanks.

(Photo credit: Le Nouveau Tigre's photostream on Flickr.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then we shouldn't watch the Sands of Iwo Jima, Schindler's List, Apocalypse Now, Hotel Rwanda, Patton, The African Queen.....I can go on and on if you want. Ohhhhhh.....I don't think you got the memo...Part 2 was interuption free...(No Ads) and it showed how BOTH Political Parties messed up. I hate to say this but here goes.....This movie was just another way to let the whining party whine... It showed me so much about narrow minds.

Love Ya Susan

Laurie said...

Whining party whine? I'm pretty sure it was the Republicans whining over Fahrenheit 9/11...or does that not count, since they're Republicans?

Adobo said...

Who is whining on this one?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5302598.stm