Jun 1, 2007

R.I.P. Michael Dawson

You know how you just sort of feel close to a person even though you don't see them every day?

I want to pause for a moment here to pay my deepest respects to Michael David Dawson, a man whose friendly, bright, and warm personality shone like a beacon at many Peet's Coffee & Tea locations up and down the Peninsula. Words cannot even express how great this guy was.

Last Wednesday, May 30, he passed away during his morning shift.

When I heard the news, I didn't even realize it was him until yesterday afternoon. Shame on me.

I'm honored to say that I've had the pleasure of working with Michael on several different occasions a few years ago. His open and overwhelmingly friendly personality helped me get through some pretty stressful times associated with taking on new responsibilities, opening new stores, etc. He made such an impression on me that I never forgot him, even when I left. Michael Dawson was an awesome human being, and I will miss him.

My truly heartfelt condolences to his wife and his family.

No comments: