May 28, 2007

Get your voyeur on.

Memes are great for giving your readers insight about the person behind the blog. They're also great for helping you out when you're lacking (ahem) in inspiration. Or writer's block. Or political scandal fatigue. Or if you've just been too ... busy to blog.

In addition to political blogs and Perez Hilton (don't judge!), I read a few food blogs. And I discovered that they also do memes, but food related. Of course, I think this is the coolest. Thing. Ever. And since I tried to start a food blog once (let's just say it's on hiatus), and have written a couple restaurant reviews and posts about cooking and food on this blog, I thought I'd play along.

So I picked up this "what's inside your fridge" meme from eggbeater, who got it from Becks & Posh.

Inside
I eat vegetables, I swear. They're in that drawer thing on the bottom. I need to remember to throw out that quinoa.

Refrigerator door
A girl loves her condiments. And cute mini soda cans. I still don't know how I feel about that bottle of osmanthus iced tea. I love the idea of it, but now I'm a little freaked out to try it. I don't know why. I have food issues. Shocking, I know. But there are a few things that freak me out. And pre-made, bottled iced tea from China does, sorta.

Freezer

Man, I need a shelf. And what self-respecting Filipino doesn't have lumpia ready to go at a moment's notice? Also, if any of you have a good recipe for ox tails (that's what's wrapped up in the brown paper), please let me know.



Want to see more? Click here to see other folks who participated.

4 comments:

MikeJ said...

You refrigerate your bread? I don't know how I feel about that. I guess it's OK, so long as you don't refrigerate your peanut butter.

pins&needles said...

Don't feel bad about refrigerating bread. I do it because it'll get all moldy before I finish it. Last longer.

Your freezer is not as cluttered as mine. I need to clean mine out.

Anonymous said...

I heart mini sodas, too. Although, I don't currently have any in the fridge.

Adobo said...

Umm, I didn't see a bottle of bagoong! I'm not much of a bread freak, but refrigerating bread is sooo the in thing! Freezing it is also fab (just as long as you toast it immediately). One can have the same loaf of bread for a millenia.