Jun 11, 2006

Gore's Inconvenient Truth

We saw Gore's documentary on global warming last night. It's a pretty powerful piece that provides some very convincing evidence that the threat is genuine, and that something needs to be done - stat.

I think it's pretty safe to say that everyone in the theatre was just as flabbergasted as I was to learn that we've managed to screw up this planet within the last decade than in any other time period. I mean, I knew global warming was a problem, but I didn't think it was THIS BAD. Or that there was this urgent of a need to fix it. Don't believe the pack of lies the current occupier's administration tries to push on us: As Gore says in the movie, global warming is a moral issue, not a political one.

If you haven't seen it yet, go. Now. Find a theatre near you here.


Sidebar: I couldn't get over how awesome his presentation slides were. Does anyone have any idea what (Apple) presentation software he was using?

Secondly, looks like Gore's been to a Tufte conference or two. I totally got off on how perfect the presentation slides were. What can I say, I'm nerdy like that.

1 comment:

Adobo said...

Mags- the competitor of Powerpoint is is called Keynote by Apple. It's awesome. I use it, and it puts powerpoint to shame. Apple Rocks!

http://www.apple.com/iwork/keynote/