Jun 19, 2006

Ava, go ON with your bad self!

Ava Lowery, a 15-year-old blogger, has caught some flak (and by "flak," I mean death threats) for clips such as this one that are anti-war.

Her powerful images are striking, and even more so because she's 15 and because she's from the South. She's anti-war, but supports the troops. If even a 15 year old can wrap her head around the notion that the two are not mutually exclusive, then others can. I'm glad that CNN interviewed her, although the reporter's hardball-line of questioning is pretty hilarious to me, considering the girl is 15, godammit. I mean, one of the questions she asked her was:
"How did you even KNOW about the war?"
Um, hell-LO.

Oh, and how about the reporter's attempt at playa-hatin' on left-wing blogs (I'm assuming she's referring to YearlyKos) playing her clips and "using" her? WhatEVER.

Ava handled the reporter's questions very well. Girlfriend did me proud, and I don't even do media prep. Anyhoo.

I'd be curious to see if any of the pundits go after her and paint her as an unpatriotic, evil person who hates America ...

Go visit her blog at www.peacetakescourage.com.

No comments: