Feb 28, 2005

Blah.

Don't you ever feel like you should be doing more with your life, but can't be bothered?

I do. I guess I'm a rut right now or something. I just can't seem to get excited about anything these days.

Things I should be doing more of:
  • Dating
  • Making more money
  • Growing, professionally
  • Meeting people
  • Writing
  • Keeping in better touch with my friends
  • Riding my bike

The one thing not on my list, which is surprising, is working out more. I've been doing a pretty good job of going to the gym at least 3-4 times a week.

I think I know the reason why I feel so blah, but I don't want to get into it here. In a nutshell, basically what had happened was a close family member got sick, but is way recovered. But the aftereffects of that experience still haunt me. I guess you could say the experience totally rocked my world, and not in a good way. I'm still trying to get my bearings. I'm getting there, I know I am, I feel it - it's just taking a little longer while than I expected.

1 comment:

Mike Davis said...

Hang in there, kiddo. Today is a new month and Spring has almost sprung.

I suggest you either:

a) go out to your favorite bar/club for a flirt-a-thon but give your number to nobody becuase it's really all about the thrill of the chase.

b) Get a bottle of wine and watch an Alan Rickman or Ed Norton Movie. (My choice would be either Robin Hood because Rickman has never been better than as the Sheriff or American History X because there is no better Norton movie.)

c) Listen to Michelle Shocked - Texas Campfire Takes and then teach yourself how to play Fogtown on the guitar.


Always works for me, anyway.