They've gone and turned High Fidelity into a musical.
Top Five Reasons why this is a bad idea:
5. Like Otto Man says, "Why not write a musical about the Common Cat?"
4. The book, from what I remember, was angsty and cynical. The movie did a great job of conveying this. The New York Times review of the stage version says otherwise.
3. Nobody can top Jack Black's performance in the movie version.
2. I don't care how good an actor you are, you cannot convey the snark and air of superiority that Rob and his buddies embody while projecting and gesturing and working it on stage. See #1.
1. High Fidelity and Jazz Hands do not mix.
(Photo credit: Sara Krulwich/The New York Times)
Dec 8, 2006
A Cosby Sweater It Ain't
Instead, it looks like a $30 Abercrombie & Fitch t-shirt: