Oct 25, 2005

Get Informed On Next Month's Special Election

If you're like me, you're probably looking for a central place to go where you can find out information on the ballot initiatives in next month's special election. And you've been so busy that you haven't had a chance to do your research until now.

Fear not. The Institute of Governmental Studies at UC Berkeley has done just that. In their "Hot Topics!" section, the Institute provides a high-level synopsis of each state ballot initiative, background information, links to key web sites, relevant newspaper articles, and official voter information.

I'm not going to tell you to vote "yes" or "no" on any particular issue - that's for you to decide for yourself. Chances are if you're reading this blog, you're interested in implementing laws that will help the greater good rather than a chosen few. But it’s important to arm yourself with the facts when you go to the polls. Here’s a good place to start.

(cross-posted on NorCal Politics)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell me how to Vote! and make it pro union, otherwise I'm just going to go with my "eenie meenie miney mo" foolproof method of voting.

Make with the e-mail fors I can fill out my absentee ballot proper.